Things to do in Huntington Beach
Huntington Beach activities are as abundant as the waves in the ocean — no matter your vibe, there’s a vacation itinerary for you. Walk, pedal, drive, or surf your way to our main attractions. If you need a little inspiration for how to spend your time, check out these itineraries:
- Start your day off right with an acai bowl or “Veggies in the AM,” a crepe filled with scrambled egg whites, salsa roja, avocado, sautéed broccoli, and baby kale, at Pacific Hideaway.
- In mid-morning, (wet)suit up and get ready to ride the waves. Take a lesson from our friends at HB Surf School or McKinnon Surf & SUP Lessons, which has an adaptive program for those with special needs.
- Now that you’re stoked on surfing, get some gear for your new lifestyle. Some of our favorite places to shop include HB Surf School or Chuck Dent Surf Center, Huntington Surf & Sport, Jack’s Surfboards, Paragon Surfboards, Rip Curl Huntington Beach, and Rockin’ Fig Surf.
- Over buffalo cauliflower and a brew at HQ Gastropub, recap your adventure and toast to a good day of paddling out and popping up.
The Outdoor Adventurer
- Wake up the body with morning sun salutations —avocado, sautéed broccoli, and baby kale, at Yoga on the Beach offers daily donation-based classes if you don’t want to flow alone.
- Next, grab one of our beach cruisers and roll north along the Huntington Beach Bike Trail to Bolsa Chica State Beach where you can start a beach volleyball game (rent a ball from one of the concessionaires), grab a healthy bite at Pacific Kitchen, or build a bonfire in one of the 200 fire rings available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Back at the resort, snag a s’mores kit (it’s included each night of your stay) and head out to our courtyard to roast marshmallows over the firepits under the night sky.
- Still have energy to burn? Don’t miss our bouldering wall, where a strong core and strategy come in handy. It’s open 24 hours a day for whenever you get a craving for climbing.
The Road Tripper
- Arguably the best stretch of pavement in all the U.S., the Pacific Coast Highway is right at our front door. Before hitting the road, grab a bananas foster cold brew or Nutella latte at 602 Coffeehouse.
- Head south, and within 15 minutes, you’ll find yourself in Newport Beach. This cute coastal community is home to the Sherman Library & Gardens, an oasis of hanging baskets of begonias and tile fountains; shopping destination Fashion Island; and an actual island, the quaint Balboa Island, known for old-fashioned delights like chocolate-dipped frozen bananas.
- Keep driving and you’ll hit artsy Laguna Beach, where you can browse the 100-plus galleries, go tidepooling to see anemones and urchins, or try out skimboarding where it got its start.
- Enjoy cruising the PCH all the way to San Diego through towns like Dana Point, Oceanside, and Encinitas, each with their own beachy charms. On your way back, watch the sun set oceanside over braised short ribs and Bloody Marys at The Beachcomber at Crystal Cove, between Laguna and Newport Beach. (Make a reservation!)